Ok, folks…here it is. The definitive list of top things to do while it’s snowing. Remember, you no longer have the excuse of a lack of the white stuff. We’ve gotten at least 20 inches up in Claremore and we're expecting more! :)
1. Go Sledding. Ok, I’m not wishing any broken bones on anybody, especially if you’re over 45, but sledding can be exhilarating, if you do it right. Wear plenty of warm clothes and make sure the hill you’re on doesn’t empty out into high speed traffic.
2. Snowball Fight. Calling all soldiers. Your mission, if you wish to accept it…is to vanquish your enemy by hitting him with a giant snowball. Remember, no whining or crying, and sneak attacks are allowed.
3. Make Snow Angels. This is your chance to act like an angel. Fall on the fluffy stuff and spread your wings. Short-lived I know, but it’s fun while you’re doing it.
4. Build a Snowman. Couldn’t skip this one. The trick is checking the snow to make sure it’s the right, sticky consistency.
Next, start the snowball in your bare hands and keep it rolling till you have a nice size and shape. Judge where you want it to end up or you’ll be building your snow guy in the bushes.
Make the middle section and head the same way but a little smaller, then stack them up.
Shape him up with your hands and make him perfectly round—then throw on some accessories. Twigs for arms, stones for eyes, carrots for a nose…you get the picture.
5. Make Snow Cream. My all time favorite. Alot of moms make this with snow, of course, milk, vanilla, and sugar. My suggestion is sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and a little milk. Talk about heaven…and you’ll already be a snow angel. Ha, Ha.
Well that’s all I have for now. Let me know if you have any suggestions or fond memories of things you used to do in the snow.
Go to our Facebook Page and tell us about it.
Enjoy the white stuff,