Here they all come…those delightful sights and sounds of spring. If you’re like me, you can’t help but absolutely love this time of year.
Everything’s in bloom, and the incredible fragrance of flowers wafting through the air is heavenly. To me, spring is more than just a season after winter and an opening act for summer. It’s an important symbol of God’s renewing hope and grace for us all.
Believe me, if you’ve ever felt dead and lifeless, especially during the lost days of winter, now’s the time to start enjoying the renewing spirit of the season.
Here are a few of my tips for making the most of this time of year:
- Get out of the house. You’ve got to get out of your air conditioning and go smell some sweet air outside. Believe me, you don’t won’t to become a couch potato who only watches Oprah all day.
- Now, that you’re outside, go for a walk around the neighborhood. Run through your neighbor’s sprinklers. Say hello to a couple of squirrels, I don’t care. This is spring…you’re allowed to act a little crazy.
- Work in your garden. Helping things grow and look beautiful can do great things for your overall mindset. You’ll also avoid being called lazy by your neighbors.
- Do a little spring cleaning. They say it really helps us to relax to avoid the stress that comes with clutter.
- Sit on your patio, drink some ice herbal tea and take in God’s marvelous and wonderful creation. You’ll be amazed how just resting and taking in nature will rejuvenate your mind and body.
I can’t tell you how these things have helped me. But, above all, take some time and thank God for those in your life that make it worth living. They are the true source of what brings us joy each day of our lives.